Richmond Cycling Campaign Needs Help!
Monday, 27 August 2007
Our group is run entirely by volunteers. We are trying to live up to the LCC mission of promoting and encouraging cycling but we need people to chip in with help now and again. Our needs are urgent this month, as we have several events and rides that require the brain and brawn that only cyclists have.
- Our most pressing need is for marshals at the London Freewheel on 23rd September. Training will be provided and it involves helping a large group of cyclists negotiate the most traffic free route to Ravenscourt Park from Richmond Green.
- We need someone who will help with the running of the RCC stall at the In Town Without Your Car event on the 15th September in Teddington. This involves setting up the stall (putting out leaflets, really) and talking to people about local issues. Generally, people want info about commuting and leisure routes, insurance, maintenance, training and a general chat about their own cycling. If you feel you can spare an hour or more standing on a stall talking about cycling, please let us know.
- Volunteers for the stall on the 22nd of September or alternatively, you can create and lead a ride of around 20 miles that goes through the Crane valley.
- We need your help with cycle provsion in the borough. Keep a look out for these things on your route and let us know of any issues. Is the route continuous? Does it have the necessary signage and is it pointed in the right direction? What is the quality of the route?
- Want to help us with our campaigns? We need poeple to take on responsiblity for specific campaigns. Is there something you know of in your area that needs attention? We have a list of places that need changes, are you interested? Email us or come along to one of our meetings or rides and have a chat.
Posted byRichmond Cycling Campaign at 17:44